Operation theatre lights play a crucial role in the operating room for providing maximum illumination to the doctor over the operating site of the body. They are infact known to lay down the basic component of light, which is necessary during critical and detailed surgeries.
Without a good quality and reliable light source, surgeons are at high risk of making mistakes that can horrifyingly affect patient outcomes. The modern OT lights have worked perfectly in the replacement of bulbs that were used in the early operation theatres.
The surgical lighting has simplified the operating work of surgeons to a certain extent. It is important to consider that the correct usage of OT lights can provide accuracy to the treatment and maintain the safety levels of the patients.
The use of surgical lights in operation delivers the required focus to the surgical staff and enables them to succeed in every surgical procedure. With the availability of high-quality surgical lights, the surgeons now get access to more lighting than the regular lightning bulbs to perform any surgical treatment with maximum comfort.
If enough lighting is provided to the surgeon, better will be the visibility and control of each surgical operation. With advancement in technology, the latest innovative lights are built in a way that creates no heat in the operating theatre that can prove to be harmful to the patient.
Here are some of the features and benefits that surgeons look for in operation theatre lighting to set up in their health care institution:
- High Illumination: An added benefit of the modern OT Lights is that they produce excellent illumination. This is a major feature that surgeons look for as it gives them the ability to understand the patient’s cavities, which is critical for the operation’s success.
- Color Rendition: The natural colors of an object are best visualized under bright daylight. Light source giving a good color rendering helps surgeon clearly identify the body tissues, where a good arm system plays part, focusing the light that is close to natural light.
- Perfect white spot: Surgeons prefer OT lights that provide them with the perfect white spot with access to every detail in operation. Many surgical lights provide yellow lighting, making it difficult for the surgeon to work accurately and provide successful treatment to the patient.
- Shadow control: Shadows can work perfectly in making an operation worse by covering the details required by the surgeons. Hence, surgeons mostly choose those lighting solutions from where they can get appropriate lighting which eliminated the shadows, and the surgeons can work to their fullest for a successful treatment.
- Less-eye strain: If the OT lights provide proper illumination along with assurance of good visibility and glare then this can eliminate any strain on the surgeon’s eyes. With no strain, a surgeon can work with good efficiency, bringing smile of patient’s face.
- No heating: If not controlled, heat from surgical light can cause discomfort for the surgeon and can dry exposed patient tissue. Therefore, surgeons give high priority to a good quality surgical light that will minimize heat to improve comfort and patient outcome.
- Cost-effective: Another perk to mention is that is always looked for is to obtain the most value for a small investment. This is also viewed as a cost-effective choice, which is why it is often used in operating rooms.
- Longevity: The nice thing about modern surgical lights is that they promise to last a long time and are regarded by top surgeons as the most robust options for installation in operating rooms.
We hope that we clarified what to look for in OT lights that you wish to install in your operating theatre. But remember, you need to be very precise in buying high-quality lights from reputed OT light manufacturers. So, if you’re eager to get it installed, there’s no need to second-guess yourself.
At Meditorch’s HospitalBuy, you can explore a wide range of world class operating lights, suited for all types of surgical purposes. You can choose from various models based on your needs and requirements. OT Lights offered by us are provided with maximum beneficial features such as high durability and special heat protection, ensuring the low radiation in the field.
If you are looking for high-quality OT lights to suit your specific requirements, reach out to us now!
Meditorch’s HospitalBuy is a trusted online distributor of innovative medical devices and equipment that uses a customer-centric approach to help surgeons make informed decisions about products and services.